new Art new Audiences (nAnA)
- 4 June 2018 - 15 July 2018
- Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and UK
new Art new Audiences (nAnA) is an annual open call for 18 to 35-year-old artists, arts organisations, and art collectives from cities in England, Ethiopia, Kenya, Northern Ireland, Rwanda, Scotland, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Wales. nAnA gives an opportunity for artists from these countries to create new art together, and to showcase this art to audiences across these countries.
nAnA Open Call 2018
We are currently seeking proposals for international collaborative projects between artists, arts organisations, and art collectives in the countries named above. The deadline for applications is 15 July 2018.
The key details of the 2018 open call are as follows:
- nAnA will fund 5 new projects in 2018;
- Up to £30,000 will be allocated to each project;
- Artists, arts organisations and/or art collectives from the specified countries (listed above) must connect to co-create, co-facilitate or co-produce new art together. Examples of ways to interpret this criterion can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on page 4;
- nAnA 2018 is particularly interested in supporting projects by artists, arts organisations and/or art collectives that already have, and want to build upon, cross country collaborations and connections. New partnerships are also encouraged and in the FAQs, you will see how British Council are offering support to identify arts partners in the UK and the East African region;
- There are no restrictions on art forms and there are no restrictions on themes.
Previous nAnA Projects in Literature
In 2017, nAnA supported the project RadioBook Rwanda, a collaboration between publishing partners in Rwanda, Kenya and the UK. Read more about RadioBook Rwanda.
Eligibility and Application
For full eligibility criteria and details of how to apply, please visit the nAnA microsite on our East Africa Arts website. The deadline for applications is midnight UK time on Sunday 15 July 2018.