We're looking for a new Literature Programme Manager!
You will be the UK lead for British Council Literature programmes in South Asia and more broadly for Literature work within an international development context.
Some of the main opportunities/challenges include:
- Act as team lead to identify opportunities for the development of Literature programmes appropriate to the ODA (Overseas Development Assistance) framework.
- Work on multiple programmes with different cultural and operational contexts (resources, capacity, infrastructure, market, political)
- Create opportunities for the UK literature sector that encourage international showcasing, collaboration and professional exchange within a cultural relations context.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience of working in an international context or with different cultures
- A good, wide knowledge of contemporary UK literature and the ability to make critical judgements across different genres
- A good network of contacts across the UK literature sector
- A track record in literature programming
- We would particularly welcome applications from people who have worked with the Arts in community engagement or development programmes in the UK or overseas.
Please be aware that this role is being offered on a part-time basis (18 hours) and can be based around flexible working hours. For example, the successful candidate could work over 3 or 4 short days. Please specify preference in cover note.
If you are interested in applying and feel that you are suitable for the role, please visit the British Council Job's portal here.
Applications close Monday 10th September 2018 (9:00 UK Time).